Frunze Garden Square

The square was set up in the late 19th century and was originally called Alexander Garden. At that time, it was not popular with residents, as it was on the outskirts of Rostov-on-Don. After the Revolution of 1917, the garden square was renamed after M. V. Frunze. Currently, it has paths, benches, well-kept flower beds. There is a play area for kids with swings and slides, the playground has a soft surface. In 2015, an avenue of limes was planted. On various military holidays, the garden square becomes one of the main cultural entertainment venues. The main attraction of the garden square is a monument with the eternal flame, it is a memorial complex to commemorate warriors perished during the Great Patriotic War. Other attractions of the garden square include Karl Marx Square with a monument to the philosopher, the Theater of Young Spectators, the Armenian Church of Saint Grigory the Illuminator, a monument to a Greco-Roman wrestling champion Samurgashev, the Regional Center of Folk Art. The Museum of Russo-Armenian Friendship is across the road.


Create QR-code

Address:
sq. Karl Marx, 5k1

Create QR-code
Add a comment:

Adding comments is available to registered users

Comments: