It was constructed in 1880-1883 for a then prosperous merchant from Rostov – S. Gench-Ogluev. A. N. Pomerantsev, an Academician of Architecture, authored the project of the most beautiful building of that time in Rostov. The building was designed to house commercial premises on the first floor, and its second and third floors were intended for offices and living rooms.
The building of the trading house has three floors with an attic and a basement. The U-shaped building is crowned with a multigabled roof. The central entrance is from its chamfered corner with a two-level bow window and a tower. Facades of the building feature Baroque décor.