The exposition is to celebrate remarkable events of our country’s military history. Original cold and fire arms are exhibited there, the Russian forces used them to fight in battles over a period of three centuries:
1. Seven Years' War. 1756-1763. Battle of Kunersdorf in 1759.
2. Russo-Turkish War of 1787-1791. Siege of Izmail in 1790.
3. Patriotic War of 1812. Battle of Borodino.
4. Crimean War. 1853-1856. Siege of Sevastopol in 1854-1855.
5. First World War. 1914-1918. Brusilov Offensive of 1916.
6. Great Patriotic War. 1941-1945. Defense of Tula in 1941.
A special emphasis is made on the role of the Tula Arms Plant and other Russia’s defense facilities in ensuring fighting efficiency of the army and navy.
The project is aimed at a broad audience and will be exposed at the Rostov Region Local History and Geography Museum until July 22, 2018.
The Glory of Russian Weaponry Exhibition was already shown in the Tambov Region Museum and Exhibition Center (2016) and in the Kazan Kremlin Museum-Reserve (2017), where it received the highest appreciation from visitors.
Exhibition Opening Hours: Tuesday to Sunday: 10 a. m. to 5.30 p. m., closed on Monday