Trading House of Gregory Pustovoitov, shipowner and big patron of fine arts, was erected in 1910 at the corner of Bolshaya Sadovaya and Taganrogsky (now Budennovsky) Avenue upon the project of architect Eugene Gulin. At that time the building of considerable scale with the elements of rational Art Nouveau was the highest in city. The premises were leased. At different times the building hold the Rostov branch of “Provodnik (Conductor)” company, society of Russian-and-French works of rubber, gutta-percha, and telegraph production, jewelers and clock shop of A. Girstein, hotels “Tsentralnaya (Central)” and “London”.
The building experienced several renovations since it was constructed. For several decades the building contains Central Department Store.