Architectural complex “Ataman’s Yard”:

The complex features architectural monuments of the 18th – 19th century, located at the former mansion of the Efremovs family, the Don Cossack Atamans, Don land feudal lords.

The first construction within the yard territory is the Ataman Palace. This is the two-storey building, constructed at the 1850th in the Moscow aristocracy mansions’ style. The palace has 21 rooms, the total area is 1000 m2.
The Don land Efremov’s family church (1756—1761) is located opposite the Ataman Palace. The temple is constructed in the “octagon at the tchetverik” style, popular in Russia at those times. The St. Nicholas the Wonderworker and Daniil Stolpnik side chapels and a bell tower were erected and connected with the temple in the 19th century.

The church had an iconostasis. The largest of the eight bells weighed more than 2.5 tons. The Efremov’s family cemetery was located behind the Don land church altar. This is the burial place for the legendary beauty – the Ataman’s wife Melanya Karpovna, whose name still remains in the Don land Cossack sayings.

The exposition “Nekrasov’s Cossacks – descendants of the Bulavin’s rebel participants” is located at the south-western part of the yard, at the former Atamans' kitchen, built in 1870th.

Создать QR-код
Architectural complex “Ataman’s Yard”

Адрес:
Aksay District

Создать QR-код
Добавить комментарий:

Добавление комментариев доступно зарегистрированным пользователям

Комментарии:
    Пока никто не оставил свой комментарий.
Наверх